Monday, September 1, 2014

Remembering information

In the "olden days", from the medieval period (before and after, until recently); Correspondences, Brews,  Oils, Incense recipes, and everything in between, was orally transmitted from one person to the other. During the "witch craze", if you had a grimiore, book of mirrors, or anything related to writing magickal information in a book, that was more proof that you were a witch. And the punishment, more often then not, was death.

The reason I bring this up, is because I have an information book. Of things I find interesting, Correspondences, and other tie bits. I have  hand written every page (except one), and want to make it more decorative/vintage. At the same time, I want to remember it (information and suchlike), by memory. Like it used to be.

Yes, having a book is great. But it is my personal opinion, that you are not always going to have your book on hand, no matter how portable it is. I know I don't. And I do get questions, about correspondences, what herbs or colors are good for such and such, ect. So, how does one remember?
Well, I use chants, rhymes, poetry or anything else I can think of. For example, did you know that the song "Ring around the Rosie" is a folksong about the black plague. There is an article, here.

But I am also wondering what helps you? Do you absolutely have to write it down and keep it in a book. Can you remember it "off the top of your head" and recall it from memory. And if so, how do YOU accomplish this? Tell me in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment