Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Trance

Another "aspect" that is important in Cunningwork, is trance. But, a lot of people seem to think that trance is hard. Hopefully, I can dispel this "misunderstanding." So, first lets cover what trance is. Trance, very simply, is an altered state of consciousness. An example of this is daydreaming.  The "key" here, is to not try so hard! Because that is what makes trance, difficult. Some people seem to think, that to be in trance, you have to be silent, and unmoving. This simply isn't true! You can be in trance and still be awake and talking.

So now that we know what trance is, what are some easy techniques for inducing trance. Please keep in mind, that these are but a few, of the many techniques, one may use. Here they are:

1) Swaying side to side or back and forth
2) Drumming (I personally love this one, I think its the Irish in me.)
3) Ecstatic dance
4) Visualization
5) Daydreaming and lastly
6) Singing (why? Because when I sing, I enter an altered state of consciousness. The world fades away, yet at the same time, I am still in the here and now. This one maybe just my opinion though.)


No comments:

Post a Comment