Sunday, July 13, 2014

Salutations

I, Lady of Morgana, welcome you with open arms. And I invite you to read, not only about me, but of my Craft. I am not Wiccan, I am a Cunning-woman, or Crafter of the old ways (and I will explain more about this, later.) I am in no way saying that other practices or religions, are not going to learn something. They indeed, may. But all I ask is an open heart and mind, to what I write. For what I write, is of my own opinion, or experiences.

Being, that I am a Cunning woman, I consider myself, a rare oddity indeed. For most (but not all Crafters) are not called by a Deity. I, however, was chosen by The Morrigan, herself. For she, chooses you. Not the other way around.

You may indeed be asking, what is the difference between Wicca and the Old ways. Well, for me, Wicca is more of a religion. Where the old ways are more of a practice. Allow me to explain. With Wicca, if you want to cast a spell, you first must draw a circle of protection and invite the gods and elements. To me, circle casting is done, everytime you want to do a spell.

Also, Wiccans follow rules, or redes. Like, the threefold law, And it harm none, do what thou wilt. Wiccans, I think are more hesitant to hex or curse someone, this is of course, just my opinion. They also typically believe in a Deity, whether it be a Lord and Lady, Morrigan, Dagda, Juno, Apollo ect.

With the Old ways,  its more, going with your intuition/gut. Yes, we cast circles (called compasses) but we don't have to cast them, everytime. For we believe that nature (everywhere) is already sacred, you do not have to make it sacred, for it already is.

Crafters, may or may not have laws or rules. But these are more personal, if they have them. And a lot of Crafters do not believe in the threefold law, and it harm none, or even karma, for that matter. Crafters, are not afraid to hex or curse someone. They WILL NOT hesitate. A lot of Crafters, (but not all), do not have a Deity. They do however pay respects and homage to local spirits.

There are also some similarities, like using herbs, candles, cord or knot magic, crystals, energy healing, spells, and even some tools.

Wiccans have a butt load of tools, too many to list. We would be here forever! But the "basics" are:
Wand
Cauldron
Knife
Pentacle
Besom (Broom)
Censer
Bell
Candles
Book of Shadows
Alter
Spell items

Crafters on the other hand, as far as "basics" are:
Stang
Knife
Cord
Cup
Blasting rod (more for hexes, as I understand it)
Besom (Broom)
Compass (if desired)
Spell items

Mind you, this is just some of the Differences and Similarities, as I know them to be, in my opinion. Each of us, is different. And, we all have our own personal way of practicing. I hope this has helped you, and until next time. Brightest Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment